Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
- JAXB Plugin is released to the Common Update Center
- minimumJavaVersion is set to 8 unless it blows up
- There are few plugins using this plugin as a dependency
- JAXB Plugin as a detached plugin on Java 11 + (Core patch), and it's bundled into WAR
- We need to explore whether it is feasible. It may be helpful to keep plugins compatible without patches on the plugin side
What do we need to test?
- Jetty && SLOCCount Plugin
- Tomcat && SLOCCount Plugin
- relates to
JENKINS-28942 Allow plugins to declare that they do not use certain implied dependencies
JENKINS-51965 Add support of JAXB unpackaging for Java 9+ in WAR Exploder
JENKINS-55620 SloccountPublisher fails on Java 11 without --add-modules java.xml.bind
JENKINS-55202 Performance Signature Plugin: JAXB API is missing with Java 11
- links to
rpionke this should be fixed https://github.com/jenkinsci/performance-signature-dynatrace-plugin/pull/7
I tested the new release of the JAXB Plugin and it works with and without a container. I will release the plugin in the next few days.
Thanks a lot for your effort!
Works in Tomcat 8.5.37 on Java 11.
Sysprops for possible future reference:
Note: I also tried Tomcat 9.0.14, but got a blank page using Java 8, so didn't try on Java 11. Not considering it a blocker for Java 11 context because failing on Java 8 too (didn't even install the sloccount plugin).
(Side note: speaking with my personal cap, I am in the opinion anyway we should officially de-support running Jenkins in Tomcat).
we are using JAXB quite heavily for ur plugin: https://plugins.jenkins.io/performance-signature-dynatrace
I want to use ur plugin as a dependency for Java 11 compatibility, but the build job of the plugin on ci.jenkins.io fails: https://ci.jenkins.io/job/Plugins/job/performance-signature-dynatrace-plugin/job/master/54/console
Do u know why?
Basically i want to fix https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-55202