Please provide more details on the multibranch pipeline that you created. Preferably, provide step-by-step instructions that someone else can use to duplicate the problem.
I configured a multibranch pipeline to check out via git, discover branches, discover tags and the added clone behaviour to fetch tags.
You didn't say:
- What version of the git client plugin, git plugin, github branch source, bitbucket branch source, Gitea, pipeline, and other plugins you're using
- Which SCM implementation you used to create the multibranch pipeline (git, GitHub branch source, Bitbucket, Gitea, something else)
- What other options you configured as part of defining the multibranch pipeline
- The configuration file ( config.xml ) of the multibranch pipeline that is showing the problem
Assumptions I made:
- Windows 10 means that the Jenkins server is running on Windows 10.
- Git for Windows 2.22 is being used on the Windows 10 Jenkins server. I don't see anything that hints this is somehow connected to a specific version of command line git on Windows, so I assumed the version I have installed on my Windows computer
- Java 8 as provided by AdoptOpenJDK, since that is what I have installed on my Windows computer now that Oracle JDK requires a license purchase from Oracle for commercial use
- Latest releases of all the relevant plugins
- GitHub as the provider for the multibranch pipeline definition (not git, not Bitbucket, and not Gitea)