Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
Environment:Java VM: 11.0.6+10-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu118.04.1
Jenkins version: 2.221
Role-based strategy plugin version: 2.16
Active directory plugin: 2.16
Released As:Role Strategy 3.1
Users are logged using LDAP server (Active Directory Plugin).
Permissions are given using Role-based strategy.
Global roles and item roles have been created.
A certain user is assigned a global role and certain item roles.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Go to Jenkins administration > Manage and Assign Roles > Assign Roles.
- Change item roles for a specific user (check the box for a new item rol or uncheck).
- At the bottom of the page, click on Apply and Save.
- Log out and log in with that specific user you changed his roles.
- The user has the old permissions.
- Restart Jenkins.
- Log in again with that specific user.
- The user has the new permissions.