- Gerrit triggers will at some point stop triggering builds in Jenkins. The queue can be seen to grow out of control and is visible as such inside Jenkins. The only current workaround has been to restart the master to get the queue flowing again. This issue has popped up in the effected master twice over a month.
- Steps to reproduce.
- The exact cause is not known yet.
- This is following the Gerrit Trigger Plugin being upgraded from version 2.27.1 to version 2.30.5.
- This also followed the Jenkins server being upgraded from a 1.x version to a 2.x version.
- Expected behavior.
- The Gerrit Trigger queue will not start to back up and will continue executing builds.
- Actual behavior.
- The Gerrit queue begins to build.
- No builds are started from Gerrit Triggers.
The log messages do indicate that the queue has stopped processing:
Increasing the number of worker threads has no impact on this issue. As observed, the queue size reported will continue to grow until the master is restarted.
A thread dump was captured when this issue was happening. There were four Gerrit threads sitting in a WAITING state while the queue was growing:
We also see these Gerrit threads:
Attached full thread dump
- **Restart the effected Master.
- Business impact.
- **No Gerrit builds are triggered and the master must be restarted to resolve the problem.