Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-12412

copyartifact 1.21 fails in at least certain cross-platform copy scenarios

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      Moved from Copy Artifact 1.20 to 1.21 today, and was greeted with a build-breaking bug. Basic scenario: Windows master, two linux slaves. Build A runs on slave and generates artifact foo/bar.txt . Build B runs and copies the artifacts from build A into directory A-artifacts. A-artifacts directory ends up with a file "foo\bar.txt" (with a literal backslash in the file name), instead of directory "foo" containing file "bar.txt".

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            mindless Alan Harder added a comment -

            Did it work properly in 1.20?
            What Jenkins version are you using? Did you upgrade Jenkins core at the same time?

            Show
            mindless Alan Harder added a comment - Did it work properly in 1.20? What Jenkins version are you using? Did you upgrade Jenkins core at the same time?
            Hide
            miked30 Mike Doherty added a comment - - edited

            This is also a problem for me. I am using Jenkins LTS release 1.424.2 and version 1.21 of the copy artifacts plug-in.

            Artifacts created on a Windows slave are copied to my Linux slave with literal '/' characters in the file name.

            Reverting to version 1.20 of copy artifacts fixed the problem.

            All slaves involved in these builds are running the Sun JDK update 29. See attached system information details for more info on versions of other tools and plug-ins installed.

            Show
            miked30 Mike Doherty added a comment - - edited This is also a problem for me. I am using Jenkins LTS release 1.424.2 and version 1.21 of the copy artifacts plug-in. Artifacts created on a Windows slave are copied to my Linux slave with literal '/' characters in the file name. Reverting to version 1.20 of copy artifacts fixed the problem. All slaves involved in these builds are running the Sun JDK update 29. See attached system information details for more info on versions of other tools and plug-ins installed.
            Hide
            oeuftete oeuftete added a comment -

            Alan Harder:

            • It did work properly in 1.20, and did so again when I rolled back the plugin.
            • Using Jenkins 1.447.
            • I did not upgrade the core at the same time, was already at 1.447.
            Show
            oeuftete oeuftete added a comment - Alan Harder: It did work properly in 1.20, and did so again when I rolled back the plugin. Using Jenkins 1.447. I did not upgrade the core at the same time, was already at 1.447.
            Hide
            kohsuke Kohsuke Kawaguchi added a comment -

            Aye, this is most likely my regression. Assigning it to myself.

            Show
            kohsuke Kohsuke Kawaguchi added a comment - Aye, this is most likely my regression. Assigning it to myself.
            Hide
            advorsky73 Alexander Dvorsky added a comment - - edited

            Same here. Windows Master and Linux slaves result in foo\bar.txt files instead of foo/bar.txt file/dir structure.
            i had to go back from 1.22 to 1.21 already because the plugin has another servere problem with windows nodes and timestamping,
            now i have to go back another version to evade another bug

            btw, where can i get the 1.20 version of this plugin??? any help appreciated!

            Show
            advorsky73 Alexander Dvorsky added a comment - - edited Same here. Windows Master and Linux slaves result in foo\bar.txt files instead of foo/bar.txt file/dir structure. i had to go back from 1.22 to 1.21 already because the plugin has another servere problem with windows nodes and timestamping, now i have to go back another version to evade another bug btw, where can i get the 1.20 version of this plugin??? any help appreciated!
            Hide
            sogabe sogabe added a comment -
            Show
            sogabe sogabe added a comment - You can get it from http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/copyartifact/ .
            Hide
            advorsky73 Alexander Dvorsky added a comment - - edited

            Thanks a lot. I will give it a try with 1.20.

            just tried it. works. this problem does not occur with 1.20

            Show
            advorsky73 Alexander Dvorsky added a comment - - edited Thanks a lot. I will give it a try with 1.20. just tried it. works. this problem does not occur with 1.20
            Hide
            ikedam ikedam added a comment -

            This was an issue of Jenkins core.
            That is fixed in Jenkins 1.464.

            See also:
            JENKINS-13649
            https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/c92c2217ecb0078f021fab7c9a053d9e63f12143

            Show
            ikedam ikedam added a comment - This was an issue of Jenkins core. That is fixed in Jenkins 1.464. See also: JENKINS-13649 https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/c92c2217ecb0078f021fab7c9a053d9e63f12143

              People

              Assignee:
              kohsuke Kohsuke Kawaguchi
              Reporter:
              oeuftete oeuftete
              Votes:
              3 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: