We are migrating our old Jenkins instance to a new machine so we are moving from Jenkins 1.538 to 1.605. Our Jenkins plugin is moving from 1.5 to the latest release. We have been using a git hook to run the curl command to fire off a polling task for years now without problem. This no longer works.
In our older version 1.3.0 we see the polling output of the job looking like (not the same job so don't take it as it doesn't work in the old one either):
New Instance with git 22.214.171.124 and git client 1.16.1
Now in the second instance there were changes and the job was imported from our old instance. We are not sure why the job is never fired off. The output "refs/remotes..." is different between the old job and the new one and not sure if that might be the issue or not.
We have tried tweaking the branch specifier to various things but nothing seems to work.
If I run the ls-remote by hand the output shows the sha1 changed:
We have tried doing the polling on the slaves but we don't keep our workspaces around after we build so this doesn't work if we don't already have a workspace waiting for the next poll.